This is an off-road tour in an oldtimer car, Citroën 2CV. Citroën 2CV is a car which is popularly known in this region as “Spaček” and was initially largely made of industrial waste so the front hood was made of the mantle of an industrial barrel. They used to call him “umbrella on wheels”, many commented that it was ugly but also drove it because it was very affordable. Today this is a popular oldtimer which attracts attention with its looks and charm.
Mount Medvednica is a rare example of nature park merging with a capital city. This green hill on the north side of Zagreb has very lovely and safe mountain trails both with medieval fortresses, churches, caves, old bunkers and stairways. Medvednica during the winter is also known for ski races and the highest peak is Sljeme with 1033m.
Sljeme is also a place where you can find restaurants with traditional local cuisine. One of the most popular ones is Grofica (eng. Countess) and this tour also gives you a possibility of tasting Croatian food specialties.
While descending from the north side of the mountain you can see a part of Hrvatsko Zagorje – Stubice. Stubice is a well-known spa resort famous for its cultural heritage, thermal springs, hills, promenades and parks.
This tour also includes a visit to the Automobile Museum Ferdinand Budicki, a unique museum which was ranked among the three most visited in the Night at the Museum in 2013. and 2018., in competition with 240 other participants of this event.
· 100 km drive
· Sightseeing Mount Medvednica in a Citroën 2CV oldtimer vehicle
· Lunch at the popular Grofica restaurant
· Visit to Stubice, a famous Croatian spa
· Visit to the Automobile Museum Ferdinand Budicki
· Possibility of stopping along the way and taking photographs
10:00 departure from Zagreb Central Station
11:30 arriving to Sljeme, the highest peak of Mount Medvednica and having lunch at the popular Grofica restaurant
13:00 Descending to Stubice and sightseeing
14:30-16:00 departure from Stubice and visit to the Automobile Museum Ferdinand Budicki
17:00 ariving back to Zagreb Central Station
INCLUDED IN PRICE
· Private driver
· Drive in an oldtimer and sightseeing
· Lunch at the Grofica restaurant
· Entrance tickets for the Automobile Museum Ferdinand Budicki
· Please note that the oldtimer does not have an A/C.
· We charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled a day or less before the drive.
· In case of severe weather conditions, the organizer reserves the right to postpone or cancel the drive.