Lonjsko Polje Nature Park is one of the largest and best preserved natural floodplains in Europe. This area is a unique example of natural, landscape and cultural heritage and the locals have preserved the traditional way of life to this day. Lonjsko Polje is also a habitat for more than two thirds of the total bird population in Croatia.
This Nature Park consists of 14 villages and one of them is Čigoč – the first village in Europe to be awarded the title of European Stork Village. Storks usually come here in March and stay until late summer.
Not far away is Sisak, one of the largest industrial cities in Croatian history. Sisak, besides beautiful parks, rivers and architecture, has a rich history – 400 years ago there was a famous Battle of Sisak that saved entire Europe from The Ottoman Empire.
To make this experience even better, this is also a drive in an oldtimer. We offer Citroën vehicles with a rich history. The main cars are:
· Citroën 2CV – 1990 g.
· Citroën DS – 1975. g.
· Citroën Traction Avant – 1955. g.
· Sightseeing and driving in an oldtimer
· Visiting and sightseeing Lonjsko Polje Nature Park and Sisak
· Interesting facts about Croatian history
· Possibility of stopping during the drive and taking photographs
The departure is from Zagreb at 10:00.
After driving for 60 km, around 12:00 we will arrive to Lonjsko Polje Nature Park, one of the largest and best preserved natural floodplains in Europe. One of them is Čigoč – the first European Stork Village, which also has a Family Sučić ethno collection. This collection has more than 400 different objects which represent the history of this parts of Croatia.
This tour also includes crossing the Sava River in a traditional ferry boat. There are two of these boats operating today, one in the village Kratečko and the other in the village of Lukavec. This ferry is powered by river currents and offers an unforgettable experience.
After spending 2 hours sightseeing and walking through the Lonjsko Polje Nature Park, we continue our drive to Sisak where we will spend 1 hour. Sisak is considered as one of the most beautiful cities of Northern Croatia. This continental jewel is situated on three rivers – Kupa, Sava and Odra and you will surely enjoy its beautiful parks along with walking trails with cafe bars and restaurants near the river.
After that, around 17:00, we head back to Zagreb with new memories and experiences.
INCLUDED IN PRICE
· Private driver
· Drive in an oldtimer and sightseeing
· Entrance tickets for Lonjsko Polje Nature Park
· Entrance tickets for Family Sučić ethno collection
NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE
· Food and drinks
· Additional tickets in Lonjsko Polje (such as tickets for the solar powered boat or canoe ride)
· Please note that the oldtimer does not have an A/C.
· We charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled a day or less before the drive.
· In case of traffic problems, the organizer reserves the right to change the route.
· In case of severe weather conditions, the organizer reserves the right to postpone or cancel the drive.